“Education/Parenting Gems Around The World”
We’re looking for people who are in the education system in any country e.g teachers (nursery, preschool, kindergarten, primary, secondary) & involved parents, willing to be interviewed.
Questions we ask:
- Background of school/education/parenting system.
- What are the most important values in your school/education/parenting system? Why?
- Some of the outstanding/success stories of youths who have been raised in your education/parenting system
It’s quite subjective. It could be how parents, teachers and the community work together.
Basically anything interesting, worthwhile and valuable that others can benefit from.
For enquiries, please contact:
Why The Project?
There are so many problems, suffering and pain in this world due to prejudice and discrimination. It’s so common to meet a person or groups of people who see themselves as superior, looking down at others as lesser humans just because they originate from different ethnicities, cultures and nations.
Yet the Holy Qur’an tells us: “O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another.” – The Qur’an (Al-Hujurat 49:13)
This project is driven by a belief that learning from educators/parents/families of different ethnicities, cultures and nations can enrich us and promote greater appreciation of others who are different from us. In short, it is a project for greater understanding, peace and stability on earth.
We can learn from nations who excel in specific areas of excellence in leadership e.g. respect for others, honesty, trustworthiness, punctuality, hygiene, creativity, innovation, compassion, health and wellbeing.
– To identify the secrets of successful education/parenting practices in different ethnicities, cultures and nations around the world with the focus of developing children’s leadership qualities.
– To gain insights on how the education system, family structure and community values complement one another to raise future leaders in specific countries.
– To inspire parents and educators to make positive and lasting changes in leading their families and children better.
Case for Action
– There is a need to strike a better balance between the need to raise children and youths of outstanding “akhlaq” (excellent behaviours e.g. deep love and respect towards elders especially parents, a big part of the Islamic faith, which in general is not looked into Western research) and the need to achieve “standard success” e.g. good grades and material / scientific progress.
– Educators/Parent must be equipped with the right mindset, knowledge and skills to raise future leaders who have great respect and deep appreciation of others.
– Children must be nurtured at a very young age so they grow into adults with strong leadership qualities which will enable them to become future leaders.
Definition of Leadership
For this project, we define leadership as impactful contribution towards humanity.
– Outstanding achievements on specific areas of discipline
– Able to lead a group of people or organisation
– Possess specific leadership qualities e.g. honesty, accountability, responsibility, creativity, kindness and compassion
– Recent research within 5 years
– Expert opinions: From educators, family development experts, counselors, parents
– NGOs and organisations with focus and strong interest on education/leadership/family development
– Interviews: Individuals with focus and strong interest and alignment with project objectives
– Leaders in public and private sectors
– Country visits: Identify countries with good track record of developing children’s well-being with good leadership qualities
– Social structure: Family, education system, community, leadership/family experts, parenting/family development NGOs and related government organisations
– Dimensions: Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Intellectual & Social
– Children’s development at different ages and stages e.g. 0-6, 7-13, 14-21 and 22 above
– Specific Areas: Educators/ Teachers/Motherhood, Fatherhood, Grandparenting
January 2017 – December 2020
As we travel to different parts of the world, we offer the following programmes for the local communities wherever we go:
– Conduct 2-3 hours Parenting Action Coaching Circles (PACC)
– Conduct 2-3 hours Youth Leadership Workshop (YLW)
– Conduct 1-2 days Parenting Toolbox Workshop (PTW)
– Conduct interviews with local media
Interested to assist us? Let us know:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +6012.201.5352 or +6012.281.6364