Striking A Better Work-Life Balance:
A Guide For Working Parents
DEAL WITH YOUR GUILT COMPLEX
– Reflect on why you need to work and leave the children under someone else’s care.
– Recognise your negative thoughts when they come and let these pass.
BE AWARE OF EMOTIONAL SPILLOVERS
– Be sure to leave frustrations from work at the doorstep.
– Your family do not deserve to be welcomed with negativity, especially after not seeing you for hours on end.
FULFILL YOUR NEEDS
– Your basic human needs need to be fulfilled to enable you to look after your family.
– Self-care is often overlooked by young parents. Never take yourself for granted.
OUTSOURCE WHAT YOU CAN
– Do only what you need to.
– Spending meaningful time with your family is much better than making sure the car is spotless!
ASK FOR SUPPORT
– Reach out to someone, be it a family member, colleague or friend to help strengthen your peace of mind and build your immune system.
BUNDLE YOUR ACTIVITIES
– Identify activities that you can combine and do together, e.g. exercising with your family which allows you to catch up with them while also keeping everyone fit.
SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE
– In the race to have more, the joy of a simple fulfilling life is easily forgotten.
– What are the most important pursuits in your life? What are the ones you can do without?
Featured image by sathyatripodi