Theme: Positive Parenting Skills According to Qur’an and Sunnah
Venue: The Space, Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam
About The Speakers:
Dr Ekram Beshir is a medical doctor by profession, with a background in child psychology. She founded two Islamic schools. Dr Mohamed Rida Beshir is an engineer by profession with over 35 years of experience in da’wa work.
Drs Ekram and Rida Beshir have delivered workshops internationally in North America, Europe, Australia and South Africa. Together, they have authored several bestselling parenting, marriage, and family books. They are regular contributors to the Family Section of several magazines, and have received awards for their volunteer & community work.
Sessions of the Workshop:
Session 1: “Self-Search for Better Parenting”
– Approval stages for children, examples of positive and negative parental behaviors, how to help children resist negative but popular teen culture and peer pressure
– Your vision for your child and the qualities needed to fulfill it
– A questionnaire will be handed to parents to help them through the self-search process to discover the sources of their own parental behavior.
Session 2: “Parenting Principles According to Qur’an and Sunnah”
– Covering parents’ duties, understanding children, their needs, their qualities and key factors affecting the formation of their personalities, and over 15 principles from Quran and Sunnah on the way we should deal with our children/teens supported by practical examples.
Session 3: part 1 Case Studies by Groups
– Attendees are divided into groups.
– Every group is given a case to study, analyze and answer related questions using the knowledge gained in the first two sessions.
Session 3: part 2 Group Reporting on Case Studies
– Conducting presentations by group representatives and comments from both speakers as well as other participants.
Register at http://ipc2u.my/how-to-register/